Interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities? Head on over to this page!
Here are four ideas to get you started.
- Let us know where you’re located. Knowing what schools are in your area helps us better support you as a volunteer, and in turn, better serve the schools in your area. Fill out the volunteer inquiry form on this page to get started. You can either list off the schools in your area, or send a Google Maps screenshot that displays the local schools.
- Interested in volunteering as a judge for one of our competitons? Here is a list of Judge’s Resources that we’ve compiled, as well as these two YouTube videos.
- Instructions for Judges
- Reminders for Judges
- Scoring Criteria
- Scoring Guide
- Hearing Score Sheet
- Rules for High School Competition
- Hearing Questions
- Hearing Showcase Guidelines
- Guidelines for Hearing Showcase Evaluation
- Hearing Showcase Rating Sheet
- Portfolio Showcase Guide
- Guidelines For Portfolio Evaluation
- Portfolio Rating Sheet
- Interested in helping a teacher? Our volunteers come from all different backgrounds; former debate team members, lawyers, former educators, those with a passion for civic education, and more. We’re interested in learning more about specific ways you want to help our teachers. What do you want to contribute to MACCE?
- Interested in donating money to the Massachusetts Center for Civic Engagement? Check out our support page to learn more. Do you have a specific way you want your dontation to be used? Maybe you want to put it towards textbooks for a classroom. Maybe you want to help defray operating costs. Whatever your intent, MACCE is so grateful for the support of our donors.