Civic Education Awards
There are few moments as teachers that will beat a heart felt thank you from our students or their parents. However, peer recognition comes in a close second. To help our teachers get the recognition they deserve we have compiled a list of award programs from around the country and inside of Massachusetts. We also want to recognize those teachers who have been awarded for their excellence in the field of civic education in our Hall of Fame listing. If you have a name to add to the listing or an award you want to see on this list, please email us.
National Award Programs
State Award Programs
Massachusetts Center for Civic Education Hall of Fame
Congratulations to the following Massachusetts teachers for achieving excellence in the classroom.
- John Dickson of Harwich High School - American Civic Education Teachers Award Winner 2014
- June Murray - Hudson High School - William Spratt Award for Excellence in Teaching Secondary - 2013
- Eric Mendoza - Saint Columbkille Partnership School - William Spratt Award for Excellence in Teaching Middle School
- Natacha Scott - Josiah Quincy Elementary School - Barbara Capron Award for Excellence in Teaching Elementary School
- Brett Duncan - Ashburnham-Westminster School District - Don Salvucci Award for Excellence in Promoting Civic Education
- Christina Baron - Mansfield Public School - Richard Aieta Award for Promising New Teacher